Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Ricardo Energy and Environment is looking for an innovative, talented and motivated Executive Assistant. This key role will support both the Managing Director (MD) and members of the Senior Leadership Team. This is a fast paced, dynamic environment that demands flexibility and the ability to adapt and support various activities. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, diligent team player able to work closely with colleagues across the business.
It is essential to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, co-workers/peers, while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality with sensitive information. It is also important to inspire teamwork and collaboration while introducing value-added ideas for process improvements with management and colleagues.
You will be required to travel to our London office once a week and will also be required to travel to our other offices throughout the UK on an ad-hoc basis.
- Extensive diary management, works closely with internal colleagues as well as external industry contacts to maintain MD's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences and teleconferences; managing conflicting schedules and adapting to rapid change.
- Manages MD’s inbox: monitoring emails in his absence, flagging and where appropriate actioning or responding to requests on his behalf.
- Conserves MD's time by reading, researching and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; initiating telecommunications.
- Collects and analyses data to create meaningful reports.
- Prepares reports and presentations for but not be limited to; team meetings, Business Performance Reviews, and ad hoc presentations.
- Coordinates all aspects of business travel and accommodation arrangements (eg. internal and overseas flights, Eurostar, rail tickets, taxis, car hire, hotels etc.)
- Provides detailed itineraries for all trips, ensuring all information is also accessible electronically; includes contact information for all meetings and events; ensures invitations and any related pre-reading is also included.
- Fields calls & requests to the relevant employee or actions as necessary, ensuring the MD is made aware of all urgent matters.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Creates, edits and maintains electronic and written communication, often with key external stakeholders; processes incoming and outgoing communication and correspondence to ensure proper dissemination of information.
- Communicates important instructions and messages on behalf of the MD as and when required.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Plans and implements logistics for internal and external events and executive level meetings.
- Prepares meeting and seminar agendas and prepares and/or supervises the preparation of background materials for meetings; takes minutes in key meetings, circulating and tracking actions.
- Provides personal assistance services to Directors.
- Administers the use of the company purchase card – placing orders, ensuring VAT receipts are available for each item and reconciling these against the monthly statements.
- Submits travel expenses for MD.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes projects by assigning work to relevant colleagues; following up on results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Key competencies and experience:
- The successful candidate will be one of the focal points for the Managing Director both internally and externally and will have previous experience in supporting high level business professionals.
- Therefore, excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to retain composure and flexibility under pressure are key.
Team Working Skills:
- This role will work in support of the Senior Leadership Team therefore being able to work effectively as part of a team is crucial. As an individual, the candidate needs to be precise, accurate and meticulous, as well as reliable, pro-active and self-confident.
- Ability to multi-task and to determine and manage priorities to meet multiple deadlines is important within this role.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and operation of office equipment such as PCs, copiers, scanners, fax and video conferencing equipment.
Skills and behaviours:
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set and experience:
- Trustworthy (dealing with highly confidential information)
- Solution minded
- Planning and organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Support / result oriented
- Project management support skills
- Team Player
- Pragmatic personality
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.